Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Quinoa Fajitas


I was suffering from some insomnia the other night, and ended up staying up for 33 hours straight and then sleeping away the entirety of April 4th. A total of 26 straight sleeping hours. After that massive snooze, I awoke hungry! Having missed all my meals that day and with it being around 10:30 at night, I ventured to the kitchen to see what I could rustle up. The remnants of M, E, and D's dinner was still on the table, left out for me. They had eaten fajitas with carrots and onions and quinoa on the side. Being lazy and not wanting to use a plate I just microwaved everything and wrapped it up. But for those who wanted to make this as a legitimate dish this is what I came up with: the Quinoa Carrot Onion Fajita.

What you'll need:

One packet of Old El Paso fajita seasoning
4-5 medium carrots, chopped into thin strips
1-2 medium onions, slivered
Tortillas, warmed in an oven or microwave
About 2-3 cups of quinoa, cooked

Caramelize the onions and set aside.
Cook the carrots in a little water in a saucepan until soft
Add the seasoning and onions to the carrots
Take a warm tortilla and wrap your preferred quantities of quinoa and veggies inside.
Let your mouth go to nirvana. Enjoy another.
Remember, quinoa is a protein, so feel good about eating them.

Recipe credit to E. (I think. This was just speculation of preparation)

No comments:

Post a Comment